We have an exciting opportunity for a Cybersecurity Expert to work in the Automotive industry with Polestar, a forward thinking, innovative, Electric Vehicle company.
Let us describe the challenge we offer
In Polestar’s future, there is no room for shortcuts, excuses or compromises. We are all in, dedicated on our ambition. Guiding our industry forward through pure, progressive performance. Due to aggressive growth plans Polestar is currently looking to recruit a Cybersecurity Expert. This position is located at our HQ, in Gothenburg. We understand that work-life balance isn’t easy, and of course, welcome our employees to work flexible hours and from home a couple of days per week if needed. We believe in empowerment.
What you´ll do
The Cybersecurity Expert is responsible for Polestar developed products, focusing on evaluate and manage vehicle risks, threats and vulnerabilities.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Liaise with different teams to understand the working of an application, it’s risk level and where security mechanisms are to be employed.
- Expertise in various security mechanisms such as secure on-board communication and secure hardware design.
- Guide development teams in vulnerability analysis (static code analysis, known vulnerability analysis) and support tracking Cybersecurity implementation issues based on analysis
- Work with different teams across the business to ensure development and implementation complies with legislations such as R155 vehicle cyber security, according to ISO21434 process.
- Assess work products created by suppliers and review suppliers’ capability to deliver as per ISO21434.
- Participate in implementing process to comply with R155 for Polestar.
- Base technology requirements discussions with technology partners on vehicle architecture, communication and connectivity etc.
- Lead incident response activities as required and provide mitigation advise.
Who you are
In order to succeed at Polestar you will need to possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills as the ability to build effective working relationships across multiple disciples is paramount and influence cross-functional team members without direct authority. Attitude is everything at Polestar, we are always pushing boundaries and in order to achieve the unimaginable you must have a can-do approach and an open mind to endless possibilities. As a person you are flexible, enthusiastic, and methodical individual who is self-motivated and able to work well under own initiative.
To be successful in this role, we believe you have:
- Electrical, Electronic Systems, IT, Computer Engineering, or similar engineering degree
- 5+ years experience in a similar role
- Detailed knowledge of on ISO21434, UNECE WP29 R155/R156.
- Experience in at least one of the following fields: embedded security, secure design and hardware security
- Knowledge in secure coding and code analysis
- Knowledge of automotive vehicle systems, architecture, and automotive communication protocols (CAN, Ethernet etc.) would be considered an asset
- Detailed knowledge of PKI and cryptography
- Experience of best practice software development processes/lifecycles
- Experience in wireless technologies (WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC) and OTA updates would be beneficial but not critical.
At Polestar, you will be a part of a cross-functional and international team, with English as a natural language for written and spoken communication.
Personal fit will be of great importance in this recruitment, as we are actively working to build a team with diverse experience, gender and background.
People at Polestar
We know that a change is needed. We also know that each one of us can help bring about that change. Our commitment to becoming climate-neutral by 2040 is just as important to us as being inclusive, diverse, and innovative. Together, we are creating, collaborating and experimenting to usher in a new era of sustainable mobility.
We are an electric performance brand, determined to improve the society we live in.
Is this you? If you are interested in joining the Polestar family, don't wait with submitting your application. We apply a continuous selection process and the job post will be open until the position is filled.
Are you ready for the journey? Which is electric by the way...