Polestar is an electric performance brand, determined to improve the society we live in. Our focus is on uncompromised design and technology. We constantly redefine the norm and challenge ourselves to shine. Passion and emotion drive us, electricity and innovation drive our cars. Our products are excellent, efficient and entertaining.
In Polestar’s future, there is no room for shortcuts, excuses or compromises. We are all in, dedicated on our ambition. Guiding our industry forward through pure, progressive performance.
Due to aggressive growth plans Polestar is currently looking to recruit an ADAS Hardware Application Engineer.
In order to succeed at Polestar you will need to possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills as the ability to build effective working relationships across multiple disciplines is paramount. Attitude is everything at Polestar, we are always pushing boundaries and in order to achieve the unimaginable you must have a can-do approach and an open mind to endless possibilities.
ADAS Hardware Application Engineering is crucial to the success of any original equipment manufacturer (OEM). This ensures that the ADAS systems designed and provided to our customers are safe as well as meeting their demands. The want for ADAS functions is ever increasing. Meaning that more and more sensors need to be applied to the design of the vehicle to gain a competitive advantage.
Understanding, optimising, and regulating is key in this role. Helping others in the team to understand both system and component requirements, is essential to ensure that the chosen hardware fulfils the planned functionality in our products.
You will be responsible for the application of the hardware, by promoting balanced technical, logical, and economical solutions based on the identified requirements. Managing suppliers, verifying hardware functional requirements and performing assessments in the projects.
Key Objectives & Responsibilities:
The ADAS Hardware Application Engineer is responsible for but not limited to…
- Understanding and working to constraints such as commonality and carry-over systems.
- Ownership of the ADAS hardware components, sourcing, releasing & mechanical/electrical integration.
- Planning strategies for hardware application/integration, documenting in technical/logical plans, reporting on the status, revising based on inputs, and being rational in raising concerns or issues.
- Documenting the decision-making process of alternative solutions, including technology, time, and cost. Including the final requirements, technical solution, and decision.
- Propelling multidisciplinary development, by leading or supporting cross disciplinal reviews from requirement to realisation. For example, functionality, controls, interface design impact.
- Managing suppliers and hardware verification activities, supporting the ADAS function development team.
- Lead ADAS hardware engineering sign off.
You should be…
- University degree educated or equivalent in a technical area.
- Able to demonstrate experience from working within automotive research and development; systems, testing, and computer aided design (CAD). Preferably within development work regarding ADAS including supplier management.
- Experienced in developing test methods and sequences for system testing.
- Knowledgeable within ADAS hardware application prerequisites, system requirements cascading & analysis methods, for example Design for Six Sigma (DFSS), Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Functional Safety & Cyber Security
- Able to demonstrate technical leadership, business acumen, system engineering methods, and project management methods.
- Knowledgeable within automotive tools, i.e. vehicle Diagnostics
- Fluent in English, both verbally and written.
- Excited and willing to support teams.
If you believe you have what it takes to work at the heart of automotive innovation, then we look forward to reviewing your application.
At Polestar, the sky is not the limit.