Let us describe the challenge we offer
Polestar is blazing a new trail, dedicating ourselves to the development and refinement of electric vehicle performance. If your passion is sustainability and are interested in working with the latest EV technology and leading teams, this is the role for you.
This position is based at our HQ in Gothenburg, Sweden. Travelling to China may be included.
What you´ll do
Electric Vehicle Propulsion, a part of the Polestar R&D department, is a team with a mission to deliver results which exceed the customers’ expectations. The propulsion team is based in Gothenburg, Sweden, but cooperates closely with our Polestar team in the UK.
This role lets you lead a cross-function / cross-regional team of engineers in our next exciting EV projects. It includes the propulsion system delivery from an engineering, timing and cost perspective with a main focus on sustainability. This includes both software and hardware, from concept phase to industrialization.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Project management, engineering, cost and time planning
- Requirement engineering regarding Performance, Driveability, Life Cycle, Efficiency, EMC, Thermal, Mechanical and others
- System design and balancing the different requirements
- Technical sourcing of electric vehicle propulsion design
- Supplier and contractors evaluations.
Essentially, you are keeping an eye on future electric vehicle propulsions will ensure that Polestar is striving for an exceptional customer experience within this area.
Who you are
You have a strong passion for sustainability and will to create the future of electric vehicles – it’s probably fair to call you an EV nerd passionate about solving climate changes. You are enthusiastic, motivated, well-organized and driven. You’re not afraid to try new approaches and out of the box methods. You need to function both individually and with leading teams. You have a holistic view, including vision, business, and customers. You are energized by working in a creative start-up environment, taking action where you see potential and creating structure where needed.
To be successful in this role, we believe you have:
- Previous experience with EV development from a SW and HW perspective
- Project lead for similar system deliveries at OEM
- Previous experience within the automotive industry
- You are fluent in English, and a big advantage if in addition you also speak Mandarin
Nice to have, not a must:
- Previous experience in LCA (life-cycle assessment) is meritorious
- Previous experience in sustainability projects is meritorious
- Experience from working with Chinese suppliers and/or colleagues is an advantage.
At Polestar, you will be leading a cross-functional and international team, with English as a natural language for written and spoken communication.
Personal fit will be of great importance in this recruitment, as we are actively working to build a team with diverse experience, gender and background.
People at Polestar
We know that a change is needed. We also know that each one of us can help bring about that change. Our commitment to becoming climate-neutral by 2040 is just as important to us as being inclusive, diverse, and innovative. Together, we are creating, collaborating and experimenting to usher in a new era of sustainable mobility.
We are an electric performance brand, determined to improve the society we live in.
Is this you? If you are interested in joining the Polestar family, don't wait with submitting your application. We apply a continuous selection process and the job post will be open until the position is filled.
Are you ready for the journey? Which is electric by the way...