We are currently looking for a Business Analyst for our Digital Aftermarket Team with a passion to challenge the status quo, find new solutions and drive out of the box ideas. You should also love and embrace change and have experience in the area of data analytics.
Let us describe the challenge we offer
As a Business Analyst, you will ensure that business and customer perspectives are addressed eliciting information to enable delivery. You will work closely with the team to ensure alignment and cross-functional collaboration. You will also work as a liaison among different stakeholders in order to understand their viewpoint, to ensure close alignment among stakeholders and the vision set by the Digital Lead.
In addition, this role provides context around market, competitive intelligence and customer needs and pain points, to help the team define the work at hand. As such, you will play an important role in ensuring the team is aligned, especially across competence areas.
This position is located at our Lindholmen office in Gothenburg. We understand that work-life balance isn’t easy, and of course, welcome our employees to work flexible hours and from home a couple of days per week if needed. We believe in empowerment. We can also provide with a remote position for people who are in Sweden but outside of Gothenburg.
What you’ll do
In this role, you will…
• Support the establishment of long-term strategies and tactical roadmaps in collaboration with the Digital Leads and the rest of the Aftermarket team, by providing fact-based analysis of the business/digital environment for the specific digital product, service or platform, utilizing information gathered from a variety of resources and channels.
• Identify and understand business needs, define and prepare the delivery of digital solutions to meet those needs. You will also be responsible for supporting the transformation of business needs into requirements and user stories.
• Create and maintain Business Analyst artifacts, ensuring that these are of high quality so that they contribute to the overall quality of the digital product, service or platform.
• Continuously seek improvement and efficient solutions and operations together with other Polestar functional teams and partners and have a failure-fast belief by driving innovation and out-side the box thinking within digital.
Who you are
To be successful in this role, we believe that you are a collaborative player who enjoys working with others in teams. You have excellent communication skills and enjoy actively taking on responsibilities. You are comfortable with processes and technology to be able to understand business needs and support problem-solving with the technical team(s), addressing their concerns. You can quickly see the holistic picture but also thrive in working with details.
Additional to this, we are searching for you who have:
• Knowledge and/or experience in data analytics
• Experience as a Business Analyst or from the Digital & IT domain
• Experience in documenting processes and systems and are familiar with one or several of the following documentation standards and tools: BPMN, UML, LeanIX, Microsoft Visio, Entreprise Architect Sparx
• MSc in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar
People at Polestar
We know that a change is needed. We also know that each one of us can help bring about that change. Our commitment to becoming climate-neutral by 2040 is just as important to us as being inclusive, diverse, and innovative. Together, we are creating, collaborating, and experimenting to usher in a new era of sustainable mobility.
We are an electric performance brand, determined to improve the society we live in.
Is this you? If you are interested in joining the Polestar family, please submit your CV and personal letter (optional) as soon as possible. We apply a continuous selection process; interviews will be held continuously.
Are you ready for the journey? Which is electric by the way...